Product added to cart
Cookies and Privacy Notice
Keeping the personal information that you share with us safe is of paramount importance to us. The below information explains a) how and why we store your data; b) who we share your data with, why we share your data with them and how we share your data with them; and c) what your rights are regarding your personal data.
Hockey Factory Shop will be what is known as a ‘data controller’ of your personal data and information. As per the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) guidelines, a controller “determines the purposes and means of processing personal data.”[See the ICO website here].
Throughout this document, Hockey Factory Shop may refer to ourselves as ‘we’, us’ or ‘ourselves’.
Should you wish to contact us regarding any of the information in this document, please do so by:
- Writing to us at: Data Protection, Hockey Factory Shop, PO BOX 8029, Leicester, LE3 7AB
- Emailing us at: email@example.com stating “cookies and privacy enquiry” in the subject of the email.
What personal information of yours do we collect and why?
By purchasing goods from us, you are entering into a contract with us. In order for us to fulfill your order for the purchased goods, we need to collect some personal information to enable this. The information we collect to process your order may include:
- Full Name
- Billing Address
- Delivery Address
- Contact Phone Numbers (Mobile, Landline or Work)
- e-Mail address
No sensitive payment data is seen, processed or stored by Hockey Factory Shop. Sensitive payment data may include:
- Full credit/debit card number
- Expiry date
- Card security code
In order to provide you with website personalisation, we may also gather information about the device you are using to browse our website (mobile phone, desktop/laptop, tablet), your web browser (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge etc.) and your Internet Protocol (IP) address.
What are the lawful bases for processing your personal data?
The lawful bases for processing are set out in Article 6 of the GDPR. At least one of these must apply whenever personal data is being processed:
- Consent: The individual has given clear consent for you to process their personal data for a specific purpose.
- Contract: The processing is necessary for a contract you have with the individual, or because they have asked you to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
- Legal obligation: The processing is necessary for you to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations).
- Vital interests: The processing is necessary to protect someone’s life.
- Legitimate interests: The processing is necessary for your legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party unless there is a good reason to protect the individual’s personal data which overrides those legitimate interests. (This cannot apply if you are a public authority processing data to perform your official tasks.)
How do we use your personal information?
|Why we use your data||Reason for using that data|
|Processing your orders||Fulfilling a contract|
|Provide with updates and progress of your order Legitimate interests||Legitimate interests|
|To detect, investigate and report crime (e.g. fraud)||Legal Obligation|
|Allow website personalisation||Legitimate interests|
|Marketing communications including providing you with details of special promotions and offers, new products and sales.||Legitimate interests/Consent|
Who do we share your information with and why?
- We work with several specially selected delivery companies and couriers to ensure we are able to deliver your ordered goods as efficiently as possible. We will only share information that is relevant to the delivery of your goods. The information shared with our selected delivery partners may include your full name, full delivery address, email address and contact telephone number.
- We do not process any payments within our web infrastructure and thus, all payments take place on highly secure third-party websites. We work with PayPal and Realex Payments (Global Payments) to process payments for orders.
- We use some specially selected companies to enable us to perform our electronic marketing communications. These companies will not be able to use your data for their own marketing purposes and you data will not be sold on by these companies.
We want to be able to keep you up to date with the latest product ranges, exclusive offers, sales and current industry information. To do this most effectively, you have the option join our mailing list. You can join our mailing list by checking the “Sign up for our newsletter” selection box at our checkout when placing an order with us. You are not obligated to join our mailing list in order place an order with us. You can also provide your email address for inclusion on our mailing list by completing one of the various “Newsletter Subscription” boxes located around our website. You may also provide your email address to us in an email giving us explicit consent to add your email address to our mailing list.
None of the information that we collect for our mailing lists will be shared with any other companies for their own marketing purposes.
You can request to stop receiving newsletter/marketing/mailing correspondence from Hockey Factory Shop at any time by either: calling us on 0333 335 0438; emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org; writing to us at FAO Data Protection, Hockey Factory Shop, PO BOX 8029, Leicester, LE3 7AB; or by clicking the unsubscribe link within any of our previous newsletter mailings. Should you request to be removed from our mailing list, we will endeavour to action this as quickly as possible.
We may also contact you regarding the status of your order or to update you on its progress in order to enable us to fulfil the contract you have entered into with us when making a purchase.
How long we will keep and store your information
Generally, we will store your personal data for a duration of 7 years unless one of the follow exceptions apply:
- We are required by law to keep your personal data for longer or delete it sooner.
- You act upon your Right to Erasure and request for some or all of your data to be deleted.
Your rights with your data
The GDPR includes the following right for individuals:
The right to be informed
- You are entitled to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data.
- You have the right to request access to any or all of the personal data we hold on you. You can make a free of charge, subject access request verbally by calling us on 0333 335 0438; or in writing by emailing us at email@example.com, or writing to us at Subject Access Request, Hockey Factory Shop, PO BOX 8029, Leicester, LE3 7AB.
- You can request that any inaccurate personal data that we hold is amended or incomplete data is completed.
- Also known as the right to be forgotten, you may request that your personal data is removed and deleted. You can make this request verbally by calling us on 0333 335 0438; or in writing by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or writing to us at FAO Data Protection, Hockey Factory Shop, PO BOX 8029, Leicester, LE3 7AB
- You may request a restriction or suppression of your personal data. In this case, we are permitted to store your data, but it cannot be used or processed.
- You have the right to copy, move or transfer your personal data from one IT environment to another.
- You can object to the processing of your own personal data and have an absolute right to object from your data being used for direct marketing.
- You may request that your personal data is not used in any automated individual decision making whereby a decision is made solely by automation with no human involvement or used in automated profiling.
- If you require any further details regarding your rights under the GDPR, you can visit the ICO website HERE [www.ico.org.uk].
Cookies are small pieces of text code that are stored on your computer when you visit our website. These files are useful for returning customers as certain pieces of information will not need to be re-entered. These cookies help us to keep track of things like what items you have in your basket or whether you have had previous browsing session on our website.
Hockey Factory Shop allows selected Third Parties who assist us with marketing campaigns to place cookies when you visit our site. These cookies enable us to monitor which adverts you see and click on to get to our site.
They are not harmful to your computer in any way and cookies cannot collect personal information from your hard drive, store personal information such as card details and are not used to personally identify you.
We and third-party vendors, including Google and Facebook, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (for purposes such as Google Advertising) including the Facebook Tracking Pixel to:
- To gather information on site interaction (such as page views & engagement) to help us to improve onsite experience for visitors.
- To gather information on the demographics of users viewing our ads and visiting our site including location and age.
- To help us to deliver more relevant & informed promotions based on past website visits and interactions.
None of the data collected for the purpose of Google Analytics or Advertising is personally identifiable. You can clear these cookies at any point from your cache or opt out of control cookie collection in your browser settings. If you do wish to opt out of cookies, your browsing experience may be limited.
If you do not wish for your data to be used by Google Analytics, you have the option to install the “Google Analytics opt-out” web browser add on which can be found here https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.